Chocolate Fayre Customer Service Roles – What Are The Jobs?
We are looking for a two people friendly and enthusiastic people to join the customer service team at Chocolate Fayre, Barnard Castle.
- Part time role (3 x 8 hr days a week, 09:30-17:30, including weekends & school holidays)
- Full time role (5 x 8 hr days a week, 09:30-17:30, including weekends & school holidays)
- Renumeration: £10.50/hr (rising to £11.44 from 1st April) plus company pension scheme, 30 minute paid lunchbreak every day (so equivalent of £11.20 rising to £12.20, compared to unpaid lunch break jobs elsewhere), in-store discounts, personal development and training opportunities
- Starting Date: As soon as possible/as soon as available
These are jobs which involve some of the skills of a food retail job, a front of house café job, and a web fulfilment/warehouse job all rolled into one.
The roles involve:
- Accurately packing and presenting chocolate products and other confectionary behind the scenes, ready for customer orders and shop display.
- Assisting customers through helping them select and pack boxes of chocolate for them on the shop counter.
- Serving ice creams
- Making and serving hot drinks, including the use of a Barista coffee machine
- Serving customers with a friendly and positive attitude at all times
- Assisting customers with their enquiries both face to face and over the phone
- Taking customer payments (cash & cards)
- Maintaining a clean and tidy workplace to the expected standards, including start of day shop opening setup, and end of day clean down procedures
- Being on your feet 8 hours a day, every day, and still be able to smile and operate effectively!
The ideal candidates would:
- Be available to work on most Saturdays (usually 2 out of 3 Saturdays) plus mid-week days on a rota basis. Potential of working some Sundays in future.
- Be available to work during school holidays
- Be enthusiastic and positive in their attitude to work
- Be polite and friendly
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Be physically fit and able to spend all day working on their feet
- Have excellent attention to details
- Be able to learn quickly, work accurately and follow both written and verbal instructions well
- Be a team player, but also be able to carry out independent tasks on their own
- Be able to operate well under pressure in a very busy work environment
- Be flexible and be able to juggle and prioritise different tasks at the same time while remaining calm and effective
- Be confident in dealing with customers and the general public, and have excellent customer service experience
- Would not be in full time education currently
- Love chocolate, ideally enjoy coffee, tea and good food in general.
If this sounds like something you would be excellent at and would enjoy, please email your CV (maximum of 2 sides of A4) and brief covering letter (including confirmation that you can work Saturdays and school holidays) outlining how your skills and experience meet the above criteria, to Kenny Walker at [email protected], or post or hand in in person to Chocolate Fayre, 10 Horsemarket, Barnard Castle, DL12 8LZ. Deadline for applications is 10am on Monday 19th February.
Shortlisted candidates will then be asked to an interview (date TBC) before we select a successful candidate.